6.48 mm diameter nozzle delivering 0.91 l/s to the runner which is rotating at 1084 rpm and generating 225 watts into the grid at an overall efficiency of 47%.

Monday 2 February 2015

Small fish: big pond.

I read something interesting today:  

"The UK has topped 3GW of renewable capacity under the feed-in tariffs scheme, according to Ofgem. The scheme started in 2010 and there have to date been 568,612 accredited projects, almost double the amount forecast by DECC*. The figure breaks down as 561,185 for solar PV, 6,256 for wind, 546 for hydro, 490 for microchip and 135 for anaerobic digestion."

So, I'm one of the 546 FIT accredited hydro sites ... and I bet I'm the smallest.  

With January ended, I've clocked up the most productive month ever: 524 kWh.  This represents a capacity factor of 94%, meaning the very most I could have generated would have been 558 kWh.

A tiny drop in the ocean of renewables generation to be sure, but still worthwhile.

* Department of Energy and Climate Change

No comments: